Each year, approximately 100 youth age out of the foster care system in Delaware.
DYOI’S Five Core Strategies for Success
The five core strategies of DYOI, when working in concert, have the potential to dramatically improve the outcomes for youth transitioning from foster care. They focus on:
- Engaging youth to become better decision-makers and self-advocates.
- Forging alliances and building a network of resources through partnerships and collaboration.
- Galvanizing public will and policy to effect reforms in practices and policies that will bring about more successful transitions.
- Increasing opportunities for economic success.
- Using data from research and evaluation to drive decision-making and shape communications.
DYOI ended as of June 30, 2015. To view the transition plan for the programmatic elements of DYOI, click here.